Back in August 2014 I shared with you my desk area, it was in our old house which was so dark and dingy. I had the desk I had lusted over for over a year but other than that I was in a tiny corner of our very crowded living room.
Since moving back in January I have been trying to get my desk sorted, I have had it set up for months but not actually tidied it enough to use it much. It is by no means there yet but it is definitely a lovely place to work.
My desk is now in our bedroom which is situated on the top floor of our townhouse, the room has 2 huge windows and due to being up high is lovely and bright, perfect for me.
In some respects it being up here is ideal as I can work away from the children in peace, but that also holds the biggest challenge in that I get little time to work without the children so I don’t get to play or even work up here as much as I would like.
But for now it is evolving, it is starting to reflect me as well as complimenting the decor of our half-finished bedroom.
It is still a little cluttered but the only negative to the desk is lack of additional storage.
Things I love
* My Copper Lamp – which I saved up for and purchased from Howkapow – I want in other colours for around the house
* My Pegboard – I had wanted to make one myself but this Block one came up at a good price and half the work, I am still experimenting with what I want to show off on it
* Lovely and bright area – I am massively influenced by natural light so this pleases me a great deal
* My memory board – it is a work in progress as I want to decorate it but I love pining photos up there or little gifts, they make me smile as I sit at my desk
* Trinkets – I kept this area a lot clearer than at the last house, but there are special trinkets, my elephant and angel that Ashley bought me 2 years ago and a piece of wood he found and engraved.
*My Desk – still 2 years on I love this desk from M&S, it is beautiful, a great size, a very smooth surface, I love the grooved out pen holder, the metal ruler and the colours.
Things I want to change
* More Storage – I have a specialised bead unit under the desk which houses hundreds of pounds worth of jewellery making supplies, but I need something for all my blog stuff, stationery and notebook collections – any suggestions ??
* Washi Tape Collection – it’s outgrowing its copper storage, I am thinking of moving my Orla Kiely Coffee jars up to house them.
* Blank Walls – I am not one for a blank wall, I know I should appreciate it but I love art, so the wall space above my screen needs filling
* Chair – I am desperate for a new chair, this gorgeous retro one my Mom gifted me is lovely but way to low and uncomfortable. I have been looking at some gorgeous copper ones but I do not currently have the budget.
* Prettier Office Supplies – I need my stapler/hole punch/tape dispenser as I use them a lot but they are ugly, I am on the look out for some cute ones which can act as a decoration as well as practical use.
I would love to see your work areas, or any part of your home. Maybe they would inspire me to move on with the rest of our house which has become a little stale mate. I think it is knowing we are going to be moving in a year again.
What desk do you love ???