Back in 2012 I was introduced to The Collective Dairy when they asked me to review some of their yummy yoghurts.
So when they contacted me this month about a new product they had just realised I was incredibly excited, even more so when they told me it was targeted at children.
Suckies, a kids’ range of portable pouches to be enjoyed at home, in the lunchbox or on the go.
I love any food that I can take on the go with ease and creates little mess, as we are always rushing to appointments, taking trips to hospital in London and having impromptu picnics.
The Suckies are currently available in four flavours –
- Kiwi, Pear & Apple
- Sassy Strawberry
- Sunkissed Tropical (mango, passion fruit and banana)
- Peach & Apricot
Suckies are suggested from 6 months and over, poor Deacon has not got to try them due to his milk allergy, but not only Addison but also Grayson have enjoyed testing Suckies. Made up of Yoghurt and fruit puree they have made sure to take out all pips and bits, so totally smooth.
Here is Addison giving her views (getting frustrated with Mama as she just wanted to suck!)
As you can see she loved the Tropical flavour and the next evening she polished off the Kiwi and Peach one after another, she sucked and twisted the packets until there was not a drop left.
As you can see I think Addison has shared how much she loves Suckies, but from a parents point of view how do I feel?
- No added sugars, only naturally occurring
- Cute packaging featuring animals completely keeps kids engaged
- No mess! This is huge to me, nice and easy no worrying about yoghurt falling of the spoon
- Freeze night before, by lunchtime perfect temp for eating
- Free from GM ingredients, gluten, artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, and are suitable for vegetarian
- Yummy for adults too
- Wish there were more flavours available
- Cost is a little high at 89p per pouch
- Wish they would come in multipacks
- Availability at larger supermarkets
The cons for me do not outweigh the pros, we love Suckies and shall certainly be stocking the fridge and freezer up. Currently they are available at Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Ocado and Nisa – come June also at Tesco.
Let me know if you give them a try and whether your little ones enjoy as much as Addison and Grayson.
Disclosure – We were sent 4 pouches of Suckies FOC for purpose of review, all opinions are our own.