Christmas is the time we spend with our family, exchanging gifts, smiling hard and usually eating a lot of food.
We have such a large split family all our Christmas days are spent out being fed yummy lunches and dinners, so in our house we like to have special Festive Breakfast as that is the only time the 5 of us are at home together.
The wonderful people at Brioche Pasquier sent us some yummies to celebrate Christmas Breakfast and share what we will be eating.
I love Brioche Pasquier and their products, I have been luckily enough to be taught how to bake Brioche with them before and they are just the best on the market.
I decided to try a Breakfast I had been wanting to make for an age, it is so easy and I can not describe how tasty in words, we loved it so much so we are having every day this week – well it is nearly Christmas after all!
Brioche French Toast Rolls
8 * Slices of Brioche Pasquier Brioche Loaf
2 * Eggs
3 * Tbsps Milk
8 * Tsps Sugar
1 * Tsp Ground Cinnamon
Filling of Choice – Chocolate Spread/Jam/Peanut Butter/Strawberries
- Cut the crusts from the bread and roll flat
- Spread some of your filling across 1/3 of the bread, we had Chocolate Spread and finely chopped Strawberries
- Roll Up
- Mix together the Sugar and Cinnamon in a low bowl
- Whisk together the Eggs and Milk
- Heat the butter in a girdle or frying pan over a medium heat
- Dip the Rolls in the egg mix so all coated then fry until each side is brown and toasted (approx 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat and roll in Sugar mix till all sides coated
- Serve and seriously enjoy
We had ours with Croissants, Pain Au Lait, Strawberries and Jam, it was a seriously tasty breakfast.
Ashley wants to try his with Chocolate Peanut Reese’s Spread, I want to try mine with Biscoff Spread, but honestly the choices are endless, I am think Banana would be nice inside too.
What are you having for your Festive Breakfast ? I really recommend Brioche Pasquier, I have bought some Pain au Chocolat’s too, the kids love them and they can all go in the freezer.
Please do let me know if you try making these, I am sure it won’t just be once if you do and they would make a great dessert.