A few months ago Britax kindly sent the kids a new carseat to test out. The Britax Advansafix is a Group 1/2/3 seat for 9 months to 12 years, so a one time purchase seat.
We had not had a seat that spanned such a range so I was excited to see how it fared having children in all group stages.
The Unique Selling Point of the Advansafix is that it offers extended 5-Point Safety Harness protection from 9 to 25kg (depending on the height of your child). This is hugely important to me, since having Grayson and knowing the importance of having a 5 Point Harness for longer. It also means this seat allows him to be in a 5-Point Harness when in my car at nearly 7 years old and 116cm tall this is impressive.
Here are the Top 7 selling points for the seat
- Harness protection for longer – 5-point harness until 25 kg
- Ultimate installation for all ages – ISOFIT+ with Top Tether and 3-point seat belt
- Smooth comfort – multi-position recline
- Reduced forward movement – performance chest pads and Pivot Link system
- Optimum side impact protection – deep, softly padded side wings
- Easy adjustment – height adjustable headrest, harness with one-handed adjustment
- Practicality in mind – quick-remove cover, no need to remove harness
I have to say we are now a family of Britax Carseats in both cars, everything from their King Plus Group 1 to a Special Needs Britax Traveller, I am always impressed with the level of safety they put into their designs.
Simple things as a parent make the big differences for me, they are
- The easiness of fitting with the Isofix – so simple (video below shows) even I can do it, no need for the hubby, which is great as we move from car to car a lot
- The fact it has 3 fitting methods making it super safe, there is no movement in this seat, even when in stage 3 when Addison uses
- The fact all 3 of my children can use this seat, with a 5 point harness or a seatbelt, it is safe for them all. With a headrest which goes up and down without removing the seat (huge win) and a recline option so if Deacon falls asleep he doesn’t move about.
- The cover comes off without needing to remove harness – genius – so when we had a chocolate button incident last month I just put it in the washer and back on by the end of the day
- The recline is very smooth, I can even recline it with Grayson (who is 6) which is brilliant for when your little people sleep
I honestly don’t have a negative for the Advansafix, I wish it had been around years ago when I first bought a next stage car seat for Grayson, the price may seem a little more than some other brands at £220 but you are buying a seat that lasts from 9 months until no longer needed.
No need for several purchases and what more following the #BinTheBooster campaign I honestly feel there is no amount of money that I would not pay to keep my children safer for longer.
For us the Advansafix is a must buy car seat, so much so both Grandparents have got them for their cars, but do remember that Carseats vary for everyone’s needs so go check out in store first, Mothercare stocks them.
Do make sure you check the Britax Advansafix is compatible with your car before you buy – you can do that HERE
*We were sent the car seat for purpose of review, all opinions are our own.