It is Fireman Sam Safety Month. Everyone’s favourite Fireman through the month of October helps to teach our kids how to keep safe ahead of Halloween and Bonfire Night.
Known for protecting the citizens of the Welsh town of Pontypandy alongside his esteemed colleagues, Fireman Sam teaches valuable lessons on fire safety while reinforcing the importance of staying calm during an emergency.
We joined in with Fireman Sam’s Safety month last year and when I shared the tips below with Addison this week she reminded me of tips Fireman Sam had taught her last year, so the campaign really does work!
Fireman Sam’s Top Tips
1) Light fireworks at arm’s length and NEVER go back to a lit firework.
2) Always keep children a safe distance from fireworks.
3) Keep well away from bonfires and ensure that children are supervised at all times. Pets are best kept indoors.
4) Always wear gloves when handling sparklers and hold at arm’s length. Once finished, put in a bucket of water.
5) Finally, ensure you attend a well-organised fireworks display!
So please do talk these tips through with your children, it is so important, what seems simple to us is not always to them and maybe next week with some extra time in half term head over to watch some great videos on Fireman Sam YouTube channel which get the kids engaged in being extra safe this holiday.