We were lucky enough to be chosen to review the new Fisher Price High Chair, I decided that to give our families best opinion I would make the review 3 part over 3 posts.
Part 1 – Description of Highchair, Ease of Assemble and initial views. – Found Here.
Part 2 – Grayson’s use of the chair – views of use for a toddler and disabled child.
Part 3 – Addison’s use of the chair – now as a Newborn and once we start weaning.
So here is Part 2 – Grayson’s Use.
Fisher Price designed the highchair with the following quote….
“Now there’s no need to make a meal out of cleaning up! This clever high chair from Fisher-Price is the ultimate in convenience. With a sleek, crevice free, stain resistant seat pad and smooth coated straps, the Easy Clean High Chair is designed to make life easier for mum.”
So I knew Grayson would be able to put this to the test, as many of you may know, Grayson is 2 1/2yo but mainly eats like a 6mth old, a diet of baby purees but is also now feeding himself Wotsits (which is very messy).
For purpose of people considering the chair, Grayson is about the average height of a 2 yo but only weighs 22lb so is quite small
First impressions Grayson sat in it lovely, much better than other standard highchairs he has used out and about, I think this was helped by the cocooning seat and the plastic mould that comes up between the legs, this really helped him to stay in the correct position, which I think would be great for 6mth old that are just getting the hang of sitting a little.
Grayson like a lot of special needs children has a tendency to head bang, this chair was fab for that, I had no concerns he could hurt himself, the cushion is padded and comes high up the back and even with him jumping around to his full extent, the large footprint of the legs meant the seat barely budged, so even at his size I felt the chair would not go over.
- The height adjustment, not only was it easy to do, but it allows Ashley and I to feed at different heights as we sit at different heights and also meant the chair could be adjusted to sit at the table with us.
- Seat Cushion – As promised even with Grayson dropping wotsits all over it, spitting his orange purees against it, it wiped clean with just a simple baby wipe, I agree there are very little crevices for the crumbs to fall into, but even when they did the seat cover can be taken on and off in a matter of a minute so lovely to keep clean.
- We liked the tray size and the deep lip, this meant when Grayson was feeding himself he couldn’t just push everything of the tray as he can sometimes struggle to grip food.
- We liked the wheels on the front of the highchair as it made it easy to move around our Kitchen/Diner.
- Tray – We loved the one button that allowed the tray to be put on and off, it meant this could be preformed with one hand whilst you safely hold the baby in your other.
Disclosure – We were sent this highchair from Fisher Price Free of Charge for our families views on the product.