There is nothing better on these cold nights when you are busy with all the Christmas wrapping and preparing than taking half hour to enjoy a nice warming meal on the sofa with a glass of wine whilst watching X-Factor, GoggleBox or your chosen evening viewing.
Well the lovely people of Higgidy want to make that a reality, so they have asked me to give one of my lucky readers a Higgidy evening.
Higgidy Sofa Suppers is something I have shared on the blog before, but I thought I would let Camilla, Higgidy Founder tell you more on why they started them..
“Friday is the evening we want a sofa supper. We are tired, want to relax and feel we’ve earned a comforting reward after a hectic week. A Higgidy pie tastes and looks like you made it yourself but takes little more energy than loading a baking tray, leaving you more time to sink into the sofa with your favourite tipple. Our Higgidy Sofa Supper Clubs in London and Brighton signalled the start of the season of the ‘sofa supper’ – quality, tasty and comforting food, all available on sofas near you. And for the many people who don’t plan their Friday night supper until Friday afternoon, it’s simple and easy to create their own sofa supper with a delicious, Higgidy pie.”
They had great success with their first 2 events and want that to continue at home, so one winner will receive 4 yummy delicious Higgidy Pies (my fave is the new Steak Red Wine one), a Bottle of Wine (yes please) and a HIggidy Cookbook to learn how to make your own, or maybe to give as a gift.
All you have to do is enter using the Gleam box below, good luck and if you aren’t successful seriously treat yourself to a Higgidy Pie, I think they are the best on the market, but if you want more convincing here is why.
How we make our pies…
- You can’t rush good cooking, so we don’t
- People make them – not machines
- We are creative cooks, and make an effort to come up with innovative and delicious recipes that you won’t find elsewhere
What we put in them
- We use butter in all our pastry – it tastes better that way
- We care about the animal welfare behind our meat and eggs
- We choose ingredients based on their quality and heritage
What we believe in
- Making food the way it should be made – and pricing it fairly
- The importance of people sitting down together to share a good meal
- Great food without meat, or great food with great meat
Good Luck, open to Uk Residents over the age of 18.