My Week That Was #21

It’s Sunday so it’s time for me to join in with Katie of Mummy, Daddy and Me Makes 3 great weekly linky. Go to Katie’s Blog for more info.


So much better than my usual off to work Monday’s. Ash and I dropped both bubba’s off at my Moms and then to the train we headed for a half day in London.
We had both been invited to a PR event by Plum Baby Food, Ash is the 1st Daddy Blogger to show a great interest in the company so that was great.
We had a 2hr train journey each way so there wasn’t a lot of time for much else in London but to be honest it was just nice to sit back relax and chat.
The event was held in a nice Moroccan Restaurant in Covent Garden, so we had a wonder round for an hour and then headed back to pick up the babies.


Back to reality and back to work and with a large bump. Can’t talk about it at the mo but just another awful day at work which is becoming regularly the norm of late.
Grayson went back to Nursery today and I had to do the Nursery run with Addy in tow as Ash had an emergency hospital apt.
Addison was so cute in the hospital waiting room (Gray’s Nursery) as she walked around talking to the other kids. I really wish we could find a toddler group to attend with her.
Addy and I headed off to work and she fell asleep, luckily Ash got done so I just waited in the car for 15 mins with her until he met us and took over.
The rest of the day turned into a boring usual day today. Grayson did well at Nursery and finally has started eating a little again.
Addison is now scaling furniture like it’s easy peasy, I fear more black eyes are on the way.
She also received a lovely Birthday Card from her Aunty Sonia today, which shall be heading into her scrapbook.
I sat up till too late (just before midnight) reading blogs mine and others. Silly girl.


My late night was a big mistake as Grayson decided wake up time for him was 3.30am (pass the coffee) it seems to be becoming a regular occurrence of late. Another reason we need to move as if he had his own room I could leave him to rest in bed for a bit but it’s not possible with the babies sharing. Addison is doing a little better with sleep & manages till at least 6am most days, so she is a great deal more cheery when she wakes. Here she is this morning, with pretty black eye in tow.

I went off to work, on time by 8am, hoping I could be home a little earlier. At 11am I had a very important phone call, all I can say is Magazine….. It was a pretty gruelling work day, as some major government changes have affected business in my sector this week. So my short day ended up with me working until 6.45pm. Ugh. Only benefit, my Boss aka Dad gave me the money for a Chinese as I had worked so late. Thank god as we were food less at home. So as Ash went off to buy dinner, I got the kiddies ready for bed, bad mum alert, I realised all Addy’s jammies where either too small or in the wash. So she ended up having to wear some of Gray’s. Kinda lucky he is so tiny.


I got to lay in till 8am today. I do love when it’s Ashley’s morning and it’s fallen on a Thursday as I don’t have to rush to work.
Gray was due his preschool booster today but as he still has a cold we cancelled.
I had a large workload to get done so I shut myself in the bedroom and ploughed through.
We bathed the bubba’s just before Addy’s nap time. So I tried to get some cute pictures after but had little success. G gets very annoyed with the camera & just wants to play with it.
At lunchtime our HV came out to do Addison’s yearly check, she is completely avg height/weight which I was so pleased about. Physically she is very advanced but their were concerns with her speech etc. I was a little worried but Sonia chatted through it with me on Twitter, she always keeps me grounded.
We decided to head out for some shopping as Gray was due his nap. As the weather was nice I managed to put Addison in her new squeaky shoes, which she loved, her little face every time she walked was all lit up. But she has already outgrown them. Ugh.
Gray fell asleep, so I decided to put him in the Stokke as opposed to his wheelchair as its more comfy.
I also let Addy out of the trolley, she was so funny running around at Asda at top speed.
The rest of the evening was pretty stressful as Addison was on grizzly mode, so when both bubba’s were asleep by 8.30pm we were very thankful.
I had a phone call this evening to be told my Great Uncle passed away the night before. It was expected but I feel for my Nana as it was her last relative from Syria still with her.


The usual early start here. There was no work for Ashley so were both home today. We had hoped to take the kids out but then remembered at lunch time Grayson had Communication Therapy so that put a halt to that.
As we were home and both kids were out of Jammies I got the camera’s out and annoyed them by taking pic’s.
Addison is becoming quite pleased with herself as she is frequently climbing on and off furniture now, although she keeps banging and knocking herself every time your back is turned so is now covered in scrapes and bruises.
Grayson had communication therapy, whilst Addy communicated her need not to sleep by screaming.
We didn’t get up to much else until 4ish when my Sister and her Fiancée popped over and ended up staying for dinner.


Yippee my lay in day, do I stayed in bed till 8pm. Thank you Mr Innocent Charmer.
When I got up we got the kiddies ready and decided to pop into town and exchange some clothes Addy had been bought for her birthday.
We took Addison’s smart trike with us (that we bought her for her birthday) so she could finally get a go on it.
She did really well, I think she liked the fact she could really people watch from it.
Grayson fell asleep in the car so he took a ride in the Stokke Xplory, which is much nicer for him to sleep in than his wheelchair.
I managed to get myself a lovely Malteaser Milkshake to cool myself down and we brought a Subway home for lunch.
We had a relaxing afternoon at home, a little too warm for my poor skin.
Addison was a menace the rest of the day, getting into everything she shouldn’t. But she is too funny with it.
I fell asleep for an hour in the afternoon, if hubby hadn’t woke me would have probably been a lot longer.
We watched tele in the evening and had pizza for dinner as we had forgotten to buy food for Sat night. Oops.


Early start, Addison woke crying at 1.30am and would not leave my arms to go back to sleep till gone 4am. As I got her down (in our bed) Grayson woke at 4.45am, as Addy wasn’t in their room I decided to leave Grayson to try to go back to sleep/play in his bed and I managed another 45mins sleep (thank god).
We got a text early asking if we wanted to go to my Dad’s/Stepmums for lunch, never going to say No.
We spent the whole afternoon and early evening in the garden. Addison had her 1st experience of Grass and was quite freaked. Screaming for the 1st 5 minutes. She did really well with her eating polishing off 1/2 a pita bread with humous and a boiled egg off of my plate.
Grayson enjoyed a nap in the garden as well as some Chuggington’s whilst enjoying a little sun finally in shorts(Gray doesn’t warm like everyone else).
All in all a nice afternoon.

About Innocent Charms Chats

Kara Janelle, Plus Size Blogging Mama. Vintage Lover, Interiors Obsessed, Chair Crazed, Collector of Much remembering to Smile as it is the 2nd best thing you can do with your mouth.