My Week That Was

I was very sad not to take part in Katie from Mummy, Daddy and Me Makes 3’s weekly linky the past few weeks, but life was just too much. But I am back this week to show off My Week That Was – go to Katie’s Blog for more details.


Not a great start to the week, I had started a new medication over the weekend, by Sunday late evening, I was having a nasty drug interaction, I spent all of Monday in bed, feeling awful. Ash went off to work and the bubba’s to my Mom, I have been craving a relaxing day at home on my own, shame, they do say be careful what you wish for.

Unfortunately my Ashley’s Nan died today as well, even though he really wasn’t close with her, it’s still a sad day for the family.


I was still feeling very unwell on Tuesday but as I was getting so far behind at work I had no choice but to go in, I decided I needed to get in early so I missed my drop off time with Grayson and headed to work by 8am.

I manage to get a bit done, but I was just feeling too unwell to concentrate, so by 3pm I was back on my way home again.

After some rest in the afternoon and watching this crazy girl try to climb everything and anything,
20120422-151554.jpgI started to feel a little more human (drug finally leaving the system) so we had dinner and then an early night in bed by 8.30pm (rock n roll) but at least I was joined by a piece of cake.


Another joyous work day, I am finding it very hard, working so many hours at the moment, I am not enjoying my job and do miss seeing the kids and keeping on top of daily tasks.

Nothing too exciting happened whilst I was at work, but as I still wasn’t feeling 100% I was very pleased that I had already planned to finish by 3pm, Ash and Addy had headed off to spend some time with his Mum following Monday, so I got to have an hour or so of one on one time with Grayson, I was really looking forward to it, I headed off to pick him up from his afternoon session of Special Nursery, to find him fast asleep on his carer in the sensory room. I got him in the car, out of the car and into bed and he never stirred, so my alone time was spent with Grayson asleep and me watching day time TV.

Once Addy and Ash arrived home, it was usual routine of dinner etc, we have been trying this week to get the bubba’s to try food, they had a little sandwich for dinner tonight, neither managed to feed themselves, but they did polish off half a sandwich between them so I was super pleased with the progress.


Today is my work at home day, I did get a little work done but to be honest I could not be bothered (naughty) so instead after 1st 2 meals of the day we packed the kids in the car and headed over to the super large new Sainsbury’s in Ashford. I am a fan of Sainsbury’s and actually find it never really costs us much different from if I went to Tesco.

Gray watching Mickey and Clapping

Addison turned 11 months today, I can’t quite believe she is only a month of a year, it has gone so quickly.

After deciding I had no time to make the kids party invites, I bought some today and got those posted out as their party is only a month off and I have Cybher (woohoo) in the middle of that.


There was no work for Ashley today, so we were all a home together, Ash did go out for a bit and run some errands, pop to bank etc, but by the most part it was a day at home. Thankfully after Grayson had me up between 3/4am just cause.

I decided to try out a new Slow Cooker Recipe I found on NetMums today, we had Sausage and Onion Casserole and I must say not only was it simple but also very tasty. Quite a cheap meal too (which is good at the moment).

Whilst the kiddo’s were in the bath tonight the home phone rung (very odd), as I answered it I realised it was the call we had been waiting for, Grayson’s long-awaited surgery date for the 28/29th May. May is going to be a busy month.


PJ Day – this is all we ever seem to do lately, but with the weather still not great and pennies being tight it’s a good job.

The hubby and I did a little spring cleaning, must say feel better for it, although still a ton to be done.

To keep Addison more entertained – I got out the Fisher Price Cookie Jar Toy that I have had hidden away for months, she really doesn’t understand the concept but she is enjoying chewing the pieces and pressing the buttons.

I spent the day coming up with idea’s for their Birthday Party and then realising we have little money so only a few will be able to be achieved.

Both kids ended up asleep in bed by 7.30pm, so Ash and I decided that with our spare pennies from the boot fair we did the week before to treat ourselves to a Chinese, I am glad we did it was very scrummy, we then spent the evening catching up on TV, we really do live a rock n roll life.

I knew Grayson falling asleep that early would be a nightmare, but I thought hey ho it’s Ashley’s morning so when he wakes at 4/4.30am I can stay huddled up in bed, how wrong I was……


We barely got into Sunday when we were awoken, Grayson after his early night thought 12.30am was a great wake up time, after bringing him into our bed (so not to wake his sister, they share) he decided to go into an all out screaming/crying/hyperventilating state, so Ash and I decided a run in the car may calm him down and send him back to sleep. 1.30am comes Ash arrives back home, with a calm but very awake Grayson, so off to bed I sent Ash, Grayson and I headed to the front room for some ITNG and Tea for me.

Grayson did not falter, he was still very much awake when at 5.50am Addy decided to join in the fun, at 7.30am after nearly collapsing with the kids around me Ash and I swapped roles and I went back to bed, I thought I would catch a couple of hours, but my awesome hubby left me till I woke at 11.30am, to both babies asleep, Grayson I add had only just gone.

So thankfully another PJ day here, bit of luck really as we would have not been up for any fun tasks.

As I type its 3pm, I want to do something crafty or practical like the ironing but I feel totally drained and can barely type this post.

God knows what the rest of my Sunday holds, hopefully slightly happier children (the little one is currently screaming the house down), a nice dinner and rest.

So what has your week been like, hopefully a lot more fun than mine.

About Innocent Charms Chats

Kara Janelle, Plus Size Blogging Mama. Vintage Lover, Interiors Obsessed, Chair Crazed, Collector of Much remembering to Smile as it is the 2nd best thing you can do with your mouth.