My regular readers will know that I am lucky enough now to be part of team NYNYStyleProject – a monthly fashion prompt Instagram style project and I love it. It totally inspires me to look outside my comfort zone, dig into the back of the wardrobe and have fun feeling good about how I look again.
One thing though is I still don’t treat myself to many new purchases, not for want of, but when it comes to spending any spare pennies (or any credit card space) it goes on clothes for the little ones. I can’t help it but dressing them all super styling gives me great pleasure, it makes me feel good about being a parent (daft I know) and allows me to put them in things I wish I could wear.
So my brain got ticking (dangerous!) and I decided I love the NYNYSP so much why not start one similar for kids. I have so many people in my IG circles who love to buy and dress their kids all cute so why not create a little community for us all to share and have prompts to style against.
So Style It Kids was born, I decided I didn’t want to go alone and had been talking to my Gal Jenny of Kyna Boutique on working on some projects together so this felt like a great start. Her boys are always totally rocking awesome outfits, well of course they do as Jenny sells some of the best kids clothes on the market.
So do you want to play ? Here is how…..
- Find the prompt picture and the day’s prompt, each month should be live a couple of days before the end of the previous month, if not always head to my blog.
- Interpret the prompt as you will – just make sure the picture is of your child’s style or maybe a wish list item you are wanting for them.
- Take a photo and upload to Instagram tagging #styleitkids – so that Jenny and I as well as other people taking part can find it.
- Look at the hashtag #styleitkids and share the love, get ideas, chat to others.
- Don’t forget this is for fun, you DO NOT have to take part every day, 1, 3, 7 days or a whole month whatever takes your fancy.
- JUST HAVE FUN!
So here are the prompts for November, we are so excited to see what you all think and how you are styling your kiddos on the run up to Xmas.